Sunday, October 21, 2012

What Kind Of Music Makes You Feel?

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota

How does music make you feel? Does it invoke feelings of passion, a yearning for the past or do you get chills running up and down your spine? Whatever feeling music brings to you it can be agreed that everyone loves it and wants to hear it.

That may be so for most people but, I have never been a fan of hip hop or rap simply because it made no sense to me and did not appeal to my romantic side. To my mind romance is not the topic of most of these types of music. I am sure that there are some people who will disagree with me and try to persuade me that music must grow, change and evolve into distinctive expressive modes.

That may be so. But when you listen to some of the music of today what do you hear? Well I will tell you what I hear. I hear brashness, innuendo, insensitivity and violence. What kind of music and moral values are our children listening to? I shudder to think, and what kind of role models are our children trying to emulate?
Give me the old tunes of yester year the smooth sultry music of happiness, expectation and love. The songs of Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, and Sammy Davis Junior who through their understanding of the craft managed to create and develop all aspects of their trade while at the same time made it look so easy.

These singers and I emphasize "singers" never failed to get on with the romance in their music. They had talent and took the time to learn the business, and took pride in what kind of music was made. In those days it was not all amount money as it is with the "entertainers" of today.

Frank Sinatra, when he sang "Strangers in the Night" made us wallow in the sounds of romance and love and in so doing allowed us to enter the world of love and the expectation of love. And all this could not be accomplished if he had not expressed feelings through melody of the music.

We all enjoy listening to music whether it is Jazz, Mozart, Swing, Hip hop, or Rap because to each and every one of us we feel something when we hear it. This feeling may not be the same as the other when played but we all get some level of enjoyment from its self expression.

So, when I listen to music I want to hear feeling, and a melody that reminds me of moments in my life that I cherish. We could all live a lot longer and be a lot happier if we listened to music that soothed our minds and relieved the stress of our daily existence.

Edith Follett is an avid listener to all types of music particularly those of the 50s and 60s. She has a substantial array of classical and modern Jamaican dance hall music.
If you would like to know more go to her blog http://amazon-music-store.blogspot.com/



Release products


How to Create Your Own Stunning Wedding Flower Bouquets and Arrangements – Without Paying Expensive Florist Fees!,/p>

Planning a Budget Wedding:So stoked you’re here! Please keep reading – I want to share with you a super-sneaky way to slash THOUSANDS off your wedding budget:!


Finally, a fool-proof system designed to make MCing a wedding an entirely hassle-free affair - and save you money at the same time !!,/>

This New Resource Is Not Like Any Other Resource You Have Ever Seen On The Topic Of Wedding Etiquette!


Here's How You Can Quickly And Easily Get Your Hands On Warm, Loving, Proven Wedding Vows In Just 3 1/2 Minutes!


See How Easily You Can Throw The Wedding Of Your Dreams On A Shoe-String Budget!


how to make it happen for yourself without the expensive, impossible-to-get professional wedding planners and without the massive budget!


No comments:

Post a Comment